COVID-19 has left a massive impact on the economy and students are not untouched by it. For a lot of students, this would’ve been the right time to start a summer job, and that would have taken care of their expenditures such as rent as well as basic expenses associated with daily living. Even students who have graduated recently, are now struggling to find themselves a meaningful job, and this is something we can tell you as the top Canada consultancy in Ahmedabad, that is quite critical for them, hence, their future must be supported.
Understanding the need of the hour, the Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, announced a support plan of $9 billion, for recent graduates as well as secondary students., The plan aims at providing them with some auxiliary support during the summer, and then be able to either start they career or continue with their studies in fall.
Looking at this financial package, as the best Canada student visa consultant in Ahmedabad, we are going to talk about 6 ways how Canada is supporting students during COVID-19:
- For students and new graduates who are not supported by the eligibility criteria that have been created for Canada emergency response benefit, the scanned images student benefit is going to come as a blessing. It would end up providing roughly $1250 with a month, and $1750 a month for students who have any sort of disabilities or dependents.
- There is also a new service grant known as the Canada student service grant, which will aid students in being able to gain work experience as well as skills and by helping out the communities during the pandemic. Students who are willing to do national service and serve the communities, the grant is going to provide them up to $5000 for their education in the fall semester.
- The usual kind of student grants that are provided for eligible full-time students is going to double up to $6000 and for part-time students it is going to double up to $3600. Also, we can tell you as the top Canada consultancy in Ahmedabad that for students who have common disabilities as well as dependents the grant is going to double up as well and this is going to be applicable for the year 2020–2021
- The eligibility criteria for student financial assistance is going to be brought in, which will also end up removing the students as well as the spouse’s contribution for the year 2020-2021, this is been done as it is understood that a lot of students and their families will be struggling this year to save money for school.
- The Canada Student Loans Program is also going to be enhanced, and it is going to increase the weekly amount that it pays out on a maximum basis from $210 to $350, which course is a fantastic step, that we as the top visa consultant in Ahmedabad fully support.
- Last but not least any federal graduate research scholarships that are going to expire will be extended and so is the case with any Post-Doctoral Fellowship as well. Apart from this, there is going to be supplementation on existing brands that are been selected out of federal research, and this is going to be done to support students as well as postdoctoral fellows, amounting to $291.6million and is going to be provided to granting councils. The last great news that we want to give you as the topmost Canada consultancy in Ahmedabad is that there is going to be an enhancement in the kind of work opportunities that are going to be provided to recent graduates and as well as postdoctoral fellows. And this is being done through the national research Council of Canada.
So there you have it, this is a comprehensive breakdown of the package that Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has announced for Canadian students. So if you are eligible for it, make sure that you figure out ways to avail it and use it to your benefit so that you can survive these difficult times of the pandemic and be able to push through it with relative ease.