Canada Student Visa – What You Need to Know
In order to be studying in Canada, you will need to obtain a Canadian student visa known as a Canadian study permit for the duration of your stay. A student visa consultant for Canada will also tell you, that you do not need a Canadian study permit, in case the duration of your course is your program is less than six months. Having said that, however, it still is a good idea to apply for a permit before you come to Canada – just in case you decide to continue studies in another program, because if you come without a permit then you will have to leave Canada to apply for the study permit through a Visa office.
Once you have a Canadian student any good Visa consultant in Ahmedabad will inform you that you can apply for its renewal from within Canada, in case you decide to continue your studies. For full-time students who are registered at an accredited higher education institution, having the study permit also allows you to work part-time on the campus. In fact, you can also try working off-campus, work as a co-op or intern in case your program requires it or you can also stay in Canada as a permanent resident or find work after you have graduated. Hence, taking the help of a student visa consultant for Canada would be the smartest choice for you.
- Applying for Canadian Student Visa
You can apply for a Canadian study permit either online or through a paper application, that can be obtained from the citizenship and immigration Canada (CIC) website, of course, your student Visa consultant for Canada would it take care of this process for you. Paper applications typically take about twice as much time hence is always recommended to check the processing times much well in advance. In order to apply online, you will need a credit or debit card and the ability to create electronic copies of the supporting documents. All of this will be taken care of by your Visa consultant in Ahmedabad. The Visa office in your country will actually be providing specific instructions about all the documents you will need to provide, and this can vary depending upon your location.
The process for obtaining a Canadian student visa is thus as follows:
- You must first have in your possession a standardised letter of acceptance from a recognised higher education provider. Students who are studying in Québec must also apply for a certificate of acceptance which is known as a CAQ, from the government of Québec. In fact, it is necessary that you acquire this before you are permitted to apply for a student permit. You can also get this online, by printing out the form or by requesting a form from your university which can also provide you with advice on this subject.
- The next stage would be to get the Canadian student visa application package, either from the CAC website are my contacting your local Visa office, are you by contacting the Canadian embassy or consulate in your home country. You can save yourself all this trouble by hiring a student visa consultant for Canada. You may also have to obtain a temporary residence permit, this is something that your Visa consultant in Ahmedabad can assist you further with, however, this will not complicate matters too much, as it is usually processed at the same time as your study permit application.
- In order for you to get your application package, you will have to answer a few questions about yourself on the CIC website, these questions will help the Canadian immigration authority determine whether you are eligible to apply online for the Canadian student permit and what all documents you will need to provide for it.
- If you are found eligible with the help of your student Visa consultant for Canada – you will then receive a personal checklist code, that will be valid for 60 days. You will need this code in order to submit your application online. So make sure that you print out the page containing your code for future reference. The page will also include application guide, an estimated tuition fees amount, the list of documents that you will be needing in order to submit your application and also on guidelines for your next steps.
- Once if you are ready to apply, with the help of your student visa consultant for Canada, create a MyCIC account, may you will have to enter your aforementioned personal checklist code. You will then receive your personal document checklist, which will allow you to upload and send your documents to CIC. You will need a printer or a scanner to do this, so if you have hired a Visa consultant in Ahmedabad, you will, of course, take care of all these needs.
- Once your documents and application forms are ready and you have paid your fees, you can submit your completed application to CIC. A point to note is that some applicants may also have to attend an interview at their local visa office.
Hiring the right Canada Immigration Services in Ahmedabad can of course make all your work so much easier. Your consultant can take care of all the hassles for you and make sure that your paperwork and documents are filed correctly which helps in drastically reducing the chances of a rejection and also any other problems you might face. Hence to assist you with all your visa needs hire First Step Immigration – the best services in town!