If you have finalised in your mind that you want to live and work in Canada and migrate there from India, the most essential thing that you will need is a Canada Work Permit. As simple as it may sound, applying from India for a Canada work permit, requires a number of steps, that you should know about.
Considering there is skill shortages in Canada and its territories and provinces, there are thousands of work permits that are available for skilled migrants from around the world who might be planning to migrate to Canada on a temporary basis or even eventually thinking about getting a permanent residency. The first criteria of course in order to get a work permit is going to be to secure an employment which needs to be certified by the human resource development of Canada once this is done you can get a Canadian work permit that is generally valid for one or two years and you can also get an extended work permit that can translate into Canada PR visa.
For skilled workers and professionals in India who have the relevant education, work experience as well as English language proficiency, acquiring a work permit and eventual PR Visa for Canada, here are the things that you need to know:
Firstly so that you can qualify for a Canada work permit visa Canadian Federal Skilled Workers or professional programmes, you need to have the following qualifications:
- You need to have one year at least of continuous full-time work in the previous 10 years for any one of the qualifying positions that you will be applying for
- Secondly, you could be qualified for employment with a full-time job that is permanent from any of the eligible Canadian employers
In order to receive a Canadian work permit visa, applicants need to obtain at least 67 points according to the citizenship and immigration Canada or CIC immigration selection criteria which generally entails:
- Education which can factor a maximum of 25 points for the candidate
- Language, that can garner you a maximum of 24 points.
- Work experience, that can award you up to 21 points, and another thing to remember is that you need to get at least 15 points in this category
- Your age which can get you up to 10 points
- Arranged employment, this factor can get applicants up to 10 points for this criterion
- Adaptability, which amounts up to a maximum of 10 points for this factor
Apart from this, you need to make sure that you have enough financial support as it is a really important factor that is considered by the Canadian government. Not only for you but also if you have any dependents that are going to follow you to Canada then you need to make sure that there are enough funds for them as well.
So there you have it, here are the essential details that you need to know about getting a Canada Work Permit from India. For more information, feel free to get in touch with our Canada immigration consultant in Ahmedabad and we will make sure that you get a hassle-free smooth experience.