Essential Items You Need As An International Student in Canada
Given that Canada has become a top destination for international student in recent years, if you have been thinking about studying in Canada, as the best Canada student visa consultant in Ahmedabad let us tell you what are the essential things that you will need to be able to study in Canada:
- The first thing that is needed, is an acceptance letter from a designated learning institution also known as a DLI. A DLI is a school that has been approved by the Canadian provincial government to host international students. All primary and secondary schools in Canada are generally designated learning institutions but that is not that case with college or post-secondary schools so make sure that your acceptance letter comes from a DLI which is essential for your study permit.
- The second thing that you need a study permit which grants you the legal authority station to be able to study in Canada for more than six months. There are generally two forms that are primary requirement that you need to follow along with eligibility requirements that must be met. First, you need to show acceptance letter and secondly, you need to also to approve sufficient funds that vary from country to country. As your Canada student visa consultant in Ahmedabad, we would tell you that you should begin your study permit application well in advance from the date of enrolment for the course. A lot of Canadian schools require different application deadlines for international students, accounting for the various processing times, hence you should start early.
- Thirdly you will need a proof of identity. Which means you or any family member that might be accompanying you needs a valid government-issued identification. The proof of identity needs to allow you to return to the country that issued it. Generally a passport is used as a profile identity and you need to make sure that it does not expire within six months of travel.
- Another essential thing that you will need is proof of funds and this is something that we must impress upon as your Canada student visa consultant in Ahmedabad. Proof of funds makes sure that you have sufficient funds to support yourself or any other family member that might be accompanying you while you’re in the country. The funds need to cover the cost of your tuition as well as living expenses for the first year of your study.
- Last but not least you need to make sure that you have adequate health coverage. Though free universal healthcare is available to all Canadian citizen’s and is covered by the provincial health care system as well, it is essential that all international students need to have health insurance while studying in Canada. There are certain provinces that offer international students healthcare plans otherwise students in other cases need to arrange for private health care, the cost of which is added to their tuition.
Hence, here is the definitive list that you will need to make sure that you have covered while studying in Canada and as your Canada Student Visa Consultant in Ahmedabad we advise that you make sure that you check out all of them.